2.22.2014

Makin' Memories

i'm currently in indianapolis spending some time with my cousin, visiting some friends and then headed to a few universities next week for camp fairs.  

this week ahead of me contains far too many goodbyes, but that's not all the week is about.  
not even close.  

yesterday at lunch time i got to chat about all sorts of life things with my sweet friend vicki over arguably the best nachos of my life.

by dinnertime i was in indianapolis eating cajun food with one of my life-long friends and her husband.  i got to see the house they just built and moved into and the room in it that will soon be their nursery.  their home is so beautiful and is decorated with paintings and sketches done by her poppy and so many beautiful pictures full of memories.  

now i'm staying with my cousin who is more like a sister to me.  we stayed up too late talking and watching new girl on netflix in the largest, most comfortable ikea bed i have ever experienced.  this morning we made enough breakfast for 4 or 5 people and i discovered my love for both funfetti pancakes and almond milk. yum. 

the rest of our day has been full of some of my favorite things…. starbucks, target and chic fil a.  



   

and even a sunny day with time to go to the park


we also went to the indianapolis ice tree….. which apparently is a thing? it's enormous and pretty cool, but also, melting.  

life is so big and beautiful.  there are so many details that seem so boring or 'everyday', but they're not.  they're different and awesome and we'll never experience these exact situations again.  

i'm so thankful that this week is not about good-byes, it's about making memories with these friends in indiana that i love so much.  memories to last me for a while that i will never experience again.  


-c-



  


4 comments:

  1. I love your blogs, they're fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney...I just discovered your blog. It's making me cry...sad and happy tears! Oh!! I miss you. We pray for you often. I love you!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy! Miss and love you, too!

      Delete