2.18.2014

not home yet.

two weeks from today marks my return to alaska until october.  i feel like i've been in ohio for a really long time, but i also feel like there's so much i didn't get to do and so many people i didn't get to see.  ideally, i would stay here longer to see more people, do more things, not miss any birthdays, family parties, etc. etc.  

on the other hand, i feel like i've been gone from alaska for so long.  being here i've missed holidays, birthday parties, camp events, and all sorts of things with my friends there.    



i found this quote last summer and loved it so much that i even mod-podged it.  



see?

this quote resonates with my heart so much.  
my life has been quite rich and most of that richness lies in ohio and alaska.  

i feel like i have two homes.
two families.
two sets of friends.
two communities that know, love and care for me.

it's such a blessing, but sometimes it's really hard, too.  i get to experience so, so much, but when i'm experiencing those things, it means i'm missing something or someone at my other 'home'.

i nearly always feel at home, but a piece of me always feels like something's missing, too. 

and that's because it is...


'for the world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come' 
hebrews 13:14

how good is God to teach me His truths through my everyday life?

ohio and alaska neither one are my true home, but i'm thankful for the two replacements God has given me for now and i'm thankful to each of you for being a part of those lives.

-c-  




 

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! It's like you were reading my mind!! (except of course, replace ohio with kansas and alaska with romania) luv you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote you found last summer! And I love this too: "i nearly always feel at home, but a piece of me always feels like something's missing, too." Amen to that! Also, I love you :-)

    ReplyDelete